Register now for the NATS 2017 Summer Workshop in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. This year’s theme “Pedagogy and Performance” celebrates the continuing legacy of voice coaching and pedagogy. Dates are July 20-22, in conjunction with the much anticipated 2017 National Student Auditions.
- Martin Katz (pictured) headlines the event with two master classes.
- Mutsumi Moteki presents a master class of her own, in the tradition of her former teacher, Martin Katz.
- Donald Simonson, a former student of Berton Coffin, demystifies Coffin's Overtones of Bel Canto.
- Cynthia Vaughn, who relocated and started nine voice studios, shares insights on rebuilding, rebranding, and leaving a legacy.
- John Nix and Patti Peterson, former students and collaborators with Barbara Doscher, continue the essential work of Doscher, author of The Functional Unity of the Singing Voice.
- Erin Hackel carries on Doscher’s legacy and applies it to CCM singing.
- In addition to these outstanding sessions, the workshop will also feature the semifinals and finals of the 2017 National Student Auditions!